- Wilier Triestina SpA guarantees its products with the Wilier Triestina trade mark. It guarantees all its components and parts from flaws and defect made by construction and assembly. Moreover it guarantees the high quality of materials used.
- Wilier Triestina guarantees its products, if purchased from an authorized Wilier Triestina dealers, for the following terms: Two years if you do not register the frame within ten days after retail purchase or if you register a frame received as a replacement. Five years from the date of retail purchase if you register the frame within ten days from purchase on the www.wilier.it website. (This offer is reserved for the original owner of the bicycle, and is available for Road carbon products and MTB carbon products only). The warranty only applies to purchases made at one of our authorized resellers, including purchases made online. In case the reseller is not listed as an authorized dealer, please contact our customer support.
- If a frame or part is found by Wilier Triestina to be defective within the terms of this warranty, it will be repaired or replaced, at the option of Wilier Triestina, free of charge. If the original product is not available any longer, it will be replaced with an equivalent product of similar value. Parts made by other manufacturers will be covered by the warranties of the respective manufacturers.Please address your claim to them.
This warranty does not cover:
1. Products without a legitimate dated proof of purchase
2. Products not purchased through an authorized Wilier Triestina dealer
3. Products whose identification markings have been removed, altered, effaced or made unreadable
4. Normal wear (including fatigue) and tear
5. Damage caused by abuse or misuse, improper assembly (for example improper tightening torques), improper or insufficient maintenance, accidents, impacts, corrosion, aggressive cleaners, use with non compatible components, improper repairs, and more generally anything which is not a material or manufacturing defect.
6. Products which reached the natural end of their useful life cycle
7. UV rays effects (colours fading, turning yellow)
8. The corrosive effects of marine environment
9. Re-painted products (also partially)
10. Products modified in any way
11. Cosmetic blemishes which were apparent or discoverable at the time of purchase of the product
12. Workmanship for replacement or changeover
13. Paint defects after 2 (two) years from the purchase date
- This warranty is valid only with the original owner and is not transferable.
- Please note that in addition to this policy you may have specific legal rights granted by the national or state laws of the country where the product was sold. If any part of this warranty is void due to the above national laws, the rest remains valid.
- Wilier Triestina is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages. Some States do not allow this exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you.
- This one is the only conventional warranty offered for the product you purchased. Any additional clause, extension or implied warranty is specifically excluded.
- When a product is repaired or replaced free of charge under warranty coverage, the repaired or replaced product remains covered under any eventually residual part of the original warranty, there is no renewal or extension of the warranty period.
- Any warranty replacement or repair will be made, at Wilier’s sole discretion, at their facilities, or at the selling dealer location or the client’s location. In any event, cost of insurance and freight are the customer’s responsibility.
- Moreover, when a product is replaced under warranty, the original product becomes property of Wilier Triestina.
Any disputes arising out of this Agreement or regarding the use of this product will be governed by the laws of the country of Italy and will be decided by the Court of Bassano del Grappa, Italy.
- To make a warranty claim you need to return the product to the same authorized Wilier Triestina dealer you purchased it from. Please note that if the product was purchased in another country, you have to return it to the authorized Wilier Triestina dealer of that country. We recommend, for the additional safety of better assembly and control, to be sure about originality, but also for the after-sales service, to purchase from your local Wilier Triestina authorized dealer.
- The product should be returned clean (if returned dirty will be kept at your disposal for ten days and then destroyed) together with:
- Your name, address, phone numbers and e-mail (as provided when the bike was registered in our website, if registered)
- A dated invoice or receipt for proof of date and place of retail purchase
- A detailed description of the problem experienced (we suggest to use some adhesive tape to help us identify the exact position of the problem)
- A list of the components used in conjunction with the claimed product
- A specific request if you want that after the handling of the claim any sensitive personal data is not preserved for future reference.
- A declaration on how to treat the product if found not-warrantable; without a specific declaration the product will be kept at your disposal for 10 days and then destroyed
- All parts of a bicycle (frame, wheels, cranks, handlebar, derailleurs, tires etc) have a useful life cycle, that depends on many factors such as technology, construction and materials used, rider's weight and power, care/maintenance, how much, where and how they are used, use of aggressive cleaners, any event affecting the structural integrity of the products like impacts, falls etc.
- Components are subject to normal wear, to surface wear, but also to a form of wear called “material fatigue”, consisting of the progressive separation of the molecular structure, which is initially an almost invisible micro-fracture, but then grows with time, weakening the component to the point of sudden failure, when the crack is big enough. "Fatigue" is initially difficult to see, therefore more insidious; in order to reduce the risk of an accident, it is necessary to monitor wear and recognize any early signs of fatigue before they could cause a sudden failure.
- For a safer ride, we recommend to have a qualified mechanic frequently inspect all parts of the bicycle for wear, cracks, micro-fractures, corrosion, deformation, dents, paint damage and any other indicator of problems before they could cause product failure. Visual enhancers like penetrating fluids are recommended as certain signs are not easily seen with the naked eye.
- Any product that is worn out, has lost its structural integrity or shows any sign of fatigue or damage must be replaced immediately, to reduce the possibility of an accident that could cause serious injuries.
- There are risks inherent in bike riding and factors such as poor maintenance, lack of frequent inspections, poor visibility, darkness or rain greatly increase these risks. Proper maintenance, frequent inspections, using a helmet, high-visibility bike wear, bike lights, rear view mirrors, ringers and riding conservatively help reduce, but cannot completely eliminate, such risks.
RIGHT TO MODIFY
Wilier Triestina reserves the right to cancel or modify this policy at any time without prior notice.